Dryer Vent Cleaning Services
We’ve all heard how important it is to clean out your dryer’s lint trap between cycles. But did you know that there are other important safety measures to take?
The leading cause of clothes dryer fires is failure to clean out and maintain dryer vents (not just the lint traps!). In fact, dryer vent fires cause over $35 million in damage to homeowners every year.
While some homeowners attempt to clean their dryer vents themselves, many want the peace of mind of having their vents cleaned by a certified technician. That’s where the local team at Lakeview is here to help! Your dryer vent will be professionally cleaned by a CSIA-certified Dryer Exhaust Technician, the gold standard for safety and competency in our industry.
Why Clean Dryer Vents?
- Protect Your Home. Lint is highly combustible and an extreme fire hazard. Dryer exhaust fires are a major cause of house fires every year.
- Cost Savings. If you are finding that your dryer gets extremely hot during use or that clothes are coming out damp, your dryer is trying to tell you something! A bi-annual cleaning helps your dryer run cooler and more efficiently, saving you on your energy bill every month.
- Dryer Longevity. Lint buildup in your dryer vent means your dryer runs less efficiently and has to work harder to compensate. Clothes won’t dry as well, and you’ll run more cycles for the same amount of laundry, meaning you’ll have to replace your dryer sooner than anticipated.
Signs That Your Dryer Vent Needs Cleaning
Thankfully, it is easy to spot a dryer that isn’t running efficiently. Look for some of the common signs below – but remember, it is still recommended to get your dryer exhaust cleaned every 6 months!
- Clothes don’t dry in a normal cycle
- Musty odor
- Clothes are unusually hot after the drying cycle
- Large amounts of lint in the lint trap
- More than a year has passed since you’ve had it cleaned