Posted March 1, 2022 by lakeviewAdmin 314
What to Expect During a Chimney Inspection / Sweep
- You will receive an automatic text message reminder the day before your appointment as a reminder.
- We will call you when we are on our way, giving you our name, when we expect to arrive, and will ask you where you want us to park.
- After introducing ourselves, we will remove our shoes or wear floor protectors.
- At this time, we would like to hear about your chimney or fireplace problems.
- In the work area, we will lay down drop cloths to protect the work area. If possible, we clean from the bottom up.
- During the sweep of your chimney, it depends on what type of liner you have as to what equipment will be used. We will use a viper brush if you have a stainless-steel liner or a power sweep if you have clay tiles.
- After brushing the firebrick, we will remove the ash/soot from your fireplace using an ash bucket and will then vacuum the work area with a HEPA vacuum. The ashes will be left on site.
- If your unit has a glass door, we will clean it.
- If we are also performing an inspection with a camera, we will take pictures of the inside of your chimney, looking for any cracks and missing mortar between the flues.
- After the camera inspection, we will clean up the area in front of your fireplace.
- At this point, we will perform a visual inspection of the area in your home.
- We will fill out a chimney inspection form/s on our iPads and document any issues that we found, measure clearances, etc., and take pictures of the area.
- We will then sit down with you and go over everything that was discovered during the sweep and inspection.
- Recommendations will be made on repairs, and we will provide you with options and estimates.
- You will receive the invoice, pictures that were taken, and the estimate for repairs through the email that your provided our office when you set up your appointment.
- At this time, payment will need to be made by using cash, check, or credit card.
- We will leave you with our business card and brochures and will answer any questions you may have at this time.